Saturday, April 12, 2014

Fushigi Yuugi Chapter 2: Looking for Yui

I wandered through the strange barren land until I reached a town. It was so different from Tokyo. People wear weird old Chinese clothes and uses old Chinese money. But despite that I somehow saw beauty in this god-forsaken land. It’s like a setting of a Chinese movie except that this one is real.
I looked everywhere to find Yui and the guy with the ogre symbol on his forehead. Maybe the guy was a slave trader too after all and he took Yui. I need to find Yui before something bad happens to her. I tried asking people but all I get is “I didn’t see the girl you are looking for nor the guy with the ogre symbol on his forehead.”
I was about to lose hope when a guy approached me and told me, “I know where you can find the guy with the ogre symbol on his forehead.”
“Really?” I asked enthusiastically.
“If you come with me, I’ll show you.”
And so as naïve as I was I came along. When we reached a vacant lot, the guy suddenly stopped and my instinct tells me this isn’t good. More men came out from the shadows and I started getting nervous. This is definitely not good, I thought.
The guy advanced and I was trapped in the corner. One of the men held my hand and I can’t move. I never thought I would be able to get killed by these maniacs. I have no idea that lots of criminals live in this kind of place, a god-forsaken, uncivilized, ancient place like this.
Suddenly from the roof of a small hut behind me, I heard a familiar voice saying, “It takes men to get one girl? Common! Let’s make the odds more even.” *
Then the guy jump from the roof and I was able to see his face. He’s the same man who saved Yui and me from the slave traders. And now he saved me again for the second time.
The guy I was looking for… I found him at last.

To be continued...

Note:

*This is the exact words used in the American-dubbed version of the anime Fushigi Yuugi with Tamahome voiced by David Hater

No comments: