Saturday, April 12, 2014

You're My Melody Chapter 16: Goodbye

Seohyun broke her word 3 days before the end of the week.


Her day started wonderful. Jaejoong gave her a kiss before they left. He had been doing it every single day and Seohyun feels embarrassed because the other members knows what they’re doing (it’s hard not to notice when Jaejoong does it regardless of whether or not they’re alone) but it also feels wonderful so Seohyun couldn’t seem to make up her mind whether she likes it or not. It’s as if Jaejoong is making the most out of the last few days that they will be spending together.


A knock on the door made her stop her task of cleaning the house and she proceeded in opening the door wondering who it could be. Seohyun doesn’t know who the person is but she realized he might have known her because he looked surprised then said, "So it's true…"


His words puzzled her and Seohyun doesn’t know what to say. He's speaking in Korean so she assumed he's from Korea. "May I know who you are sir?" she asked politely.


"I’m Kim Yongjoo, Dong Bang Shin Ki's manager." With that said, Seohyun decided to let him in.


"Can I offer you anything, Mr. Kim?” Seohyun wondered what could be the reason of his visit but she decided questions can wait. “If you're looking for Jaejoong oppa and the others I’m afraid…"


"I didn't come for them," he interrupted. "I came because I wanted to see you." Her curiosity increases with every word he spoke.


"I don’t think I know you sir." She said hoping the man will get to the point and tell her what he really wanted from her.


"No. I think not. We didn’t get the chance to be introduced. But I've seen you a couple of times so I know who you are."


Seohyun became worried. If this person knows who she is he will definitely tell her father and she will be back home before she could even speak a word of protest. Seohyun didn’t notice that her face gives away her feelings and the man didn't miss anything.


"May I know what you wanted to talk to me about?" Whatever happens, Seohyun decided to convince the man not to tell her father where she is.


"I want to know what you are doing here," he said. Seohyun couldn’t decide what to say. If she sticks with her lies she might get away with it. But she was afraid this man will be able to see through her. Again, her indecision was apparent in her face.


The manager sighed. "I think you should stop."


"I-I don’t know what you mean."


"I don’t know the reason why you're here but I didn’t believe a word when I heard you lost your memories. Whatever you’re doing, stop it and go back to where you came from. Otherwise, I will have to call your father." Seohyun became tense when he mentioned her father. "-which I believe you don’t want me to do" he added when he noticed her unease.


"I want you to leave now Miss Lee" the manager continued when she didn’t say a word.


Seohyun knew she couldn’t pretend any longer. She also knew this would happen sooner or later but she promised Jaejoong she won’t be going anywhere and she wanted to keep it. "Can I stay for another 3 days? I promise I’ll leave but-"


"No, Miss Lee. You have to leave now. If you don’t I’m afraid I'll have to tell the members the truth. I advise that you leave before they forced you to which I’m pretty sure they would do once they found out you've been deceiving them all this time."


"I can’t leave yet.” Seohyun is becoming impatient. Why can’t this man understand that she have to keep her promise? Oh, yes she's a liar but she is someone who keeps her word and this time she’s determined to keep her word with Jaejoong. “I promised Jaejoong oppa I will stay until the end of the week. There are only 3 days left. Can I at least stay until then? Please…" Seohyun was begging him now. she knew she will have to tell them the truth now. but she wanted to tell them herself and if they did decide that they want her to leave then so be it. But she's not leaving unless they order her to. She won’t just disappear without saying goodbye and even thank you.


"Do you know the risk they are taking by letting you stay here? You know perfectly well what your father is capable of doing."


Seohyun knew it better than anyone. But certainly her father wouldn’t do anything bad to them will he? Now come to think of it, the Dong Bang Shin Ki members are working for her father. Her father holds more power than she thought. The more she thinks about it the more worried she becomes. It never occurred to her until now. She was so busy thinking about how she could run away and how she could avoid being caught that she never thought of the things her father would do once he found out where she was staying. Anyone who tried to help her will feel her father’s wrath. That, she was definitely sure of.


"From the look on your face I assumed you haven’t thought about it."


Seohyun couldn’t risk the possibility of her father doing something to the people who helped her and so she decided he was right. "Alright, I will do as you say." the manager was surprised when she suddenly agreed. She was willing to risk the possibility of her father finding out her whereabouts and punishing her for her actions, nor the shame of being thrown out by the same people who helped her after they learn the truth. She was willing to risk everything just to stay for another 3 days and keep her promise that she claimed she made with Jaejoong. But when he mentioned the possibility of Tohoshinki suffering the consequences of her actions she surprisingly relented. He decided Seohyun is a very sweet girl who unfortunately had the misfortune of being the daughter of a man who doesn’t have a tiniest bit of compassion in his blood.


Seohyun left Mr. Kim to pack her things. It wasn’t much so it didn’t take much time. She decided to leave a note on the table saying her thanks and goodbye. When she finished packing she was ready to leave.


Tohoshinki’s manager watched her as she walked towards the door. "Miss Seohyun…" Mr. Kim called before she could close the door. “Take my advice.” He waited until she was facing him again. “Go home."



She smiled then said. "Among all the choices I have, that happens to be the last on my list."

No comments: