Saturday, April 12, 2014

Fushigi Yuugi Chapter 4: The Priestess and the Seven Warriors of Suzaku

Tamahome and I were ushered inside a huge room in front of the counselors and the emperor who changed his clothes and became much more beautiful than he did in normal clothes.

 “I apologize for deceiving you.” Hotohori said. I still couldn’t get over the shock after knowing that this beautiful man in front of us is the emperor.  "Let me introduce myself again," he said. "I am Hotohori, emperor of Konan, one of the Seven Warriors of Suzaku." He showed us his neck and there I saw a character different from Tamahome’s but glowing with the same bright red color just as Tamahome's.

Konan? Seven Warriors of Suzaku? I don’t even understand what he means. The next moment Hotohori was explaining to me things I find really hard to believe.

He said there is a legend in Konan (I think it’s the name of the place where they live) that says a girl from another world will come and become the priestess of Suzaku who will protect their land and their people. Apparently Hotohori believes it’s me.

"Miaka, from where you came from didn't you hear anything about the Universe of the Four Gods?" Hotohori asked. Somehow it seemed like Hotohori will make a decision based on my answer.

"No. this is the first time I heard of it." I replied with all honesty.

Universe of the Four Gods. As far as I can remember that's the title of the book Yui and I was reading at the library. I wonder if it has something to do with this. Other than that I have no other clue.

“You heard it.” He said to his counselors. “For her to know nothing about our world she must have come from a totally different world from us. That’s one proof that she is the priestess we’ve been waiting for.”

“Your highness,” one of the councilors wasn’t convinced and I’m beginning to take his side. “How can you be so sure she is the Priestess of Suzaku? She might be a witch using black magic to deceive us.” Now, mister… You don’t have to go that far.

“All of you saw what happened earlier at the town. She emitted a red light, a symbol of Suzaku, she wears strange clothes which could only mean she came from another world and furthermore Tamahome, one of the Suzaku’s seven is with her and protected her.”

I looked at Tamahome, bewildered. Tamahome? Suzaku’s Seven?

“Your highness, Miaka and I met by chance and the fact that she wears strange clothing is also a puzzle to me. I am also told that the symbol in my forehead means I have to protect the Priestess when she comes and if that is Miaka then I will gladly give my life to protect her.”

“It’s all settled then.”

Now wait a minute. Just because I wear clothes different from theirs and I look different doesn’t mean they can easily conclude I’m the girl from the legend. Even Tamahome believes it. Just when I thought he’s on my side. This is all a mistake!

 "They say that if you become the priestess you can have your wishes granted." Hotohori continued. I have no other wish but to go home. Why will I become the priestess if I'll be leaving anyway?

Here is what I got so far. Konan is the name of that place. Hotohori is the emperor of Konan and Suzaku is their god. There must be other places as well and they are probably being protected by the other 3 gods. Tamahome and Hotohori are just two of the seven warriors of Suzaku who protects the priestess which in this case, me. From all those information I was told I can only conclude one thing. They are all crazy people.

 “Miaka, will you be the Priestess of Suzaku and wish for our land’s prosperity?” Hotohori asked.

I'm just a normal high school student. I can't be a priestess. I just wanted to go home. But then…

"Alright... I'll do it"

Why did I agree? Coz I’m probably as crazy as they are.

To be continued...

No comments: